The project’s scope is to develop a software platform addressed to people with diabetes and their healthcare providers in order to manage diabetes. The platform will consist of a web app and mobile apps (Android / iOS).
Project duration: 30 months.
The main goal of the project is for the application to be a handy tool for the self-management of diabetes with automated data input from third-party devices (glucose meter devices, blood pressure monitors, etc.) and applications (e.g. physical activity apps) as well as a personalized insulin dosage calculation tool. More specifically, the software will help in:
- supporting patients in detecting acute conditions (e.g. hypoglycaemia), avoiding serious conditions such as loss of consciousness etc
- facilitating the management of diabetes and all data related to the disease
- strengthening the communication of patients with their physicians
- supporting physicians in their work.
- Prevent acute conditions and improve their psychology
- Improve quality of life through ease diabetes data management
For doctors (web application):
- Better data display and data extraction
- Added value to their services
For the society and the economy:
- Promotion of a healthy lifestyle
- Reduce of costs related to diabetes
Diabetes Mellitus: Development and use of a digital application as a vehicle to manage the disease.
The project is implemented under the action “Research-Develop-Innovate” and is co-funded by the European Regional Development Fund under the Operational Program Competitiveness – Entrepreneurship – Innovation (NSRF 2014-2020). It is running under the Operational Programme Competitiveness Entrepreneurship and Innovation (EYDEPAPEK) and the Special Management and Implementation Authority for Research, Technological Development and Innovation Actions by the Ministry of Education, Research and Religious Affairs (MIA-RTDI).
The partners gratefully acknowledge this funding.