The forDiabetes Platform is a data tracking tool that collects and analyzes diabetes related to health data, entered manually or imported from third party applications.
- What Personal Data we collect and how we collect it
- How we use your Personal Data
- How we share your Personal Data
- How we keep your Personal Data secure
- Children's privacy
- Contact information
What Personal Data we collect and how we collect it
Personal Data you provide to us. The forDiabetes Platform collects data that you provide via the application user interface, like full name, email address, year of birth, country and health related information, including type of diabetes, blood glucose measurements, meals (carbs, glycemic index), activities (type, duration, distance, calories burned), medication treatment, blood pressure measurements, weight, glycated hemoglobin test results. The forDiabetes Platform does not collect any Personal Data without your permission.
If you provide us feedback or contact us via email, we will collect your name and email address, as well as any other content included in the email, in order to send you a reply.
Personal Data collected from social networks sites. You can sign up/log in to forDiabetes Platform with your profile on social networks (e.g. Facebook). When you use this option we automatically collect information about you from your social networks. The information we collect depends on what information you have made available on those social networks and your privacy settings for sharing such information on the social networks. Depending on your settings and selection, we will collect the following Personal Data:
- your first name
- your last name
- your email address
- your profile photo
Personal Data collected from third-party apps and devices. The forDiabetes Platform uses third-party apps (e.g. Apple Health, Google Fit, FitBit) and devices (e.g. Contour Next One glucose meter) to automatically collect your Personal Data, only if you select to use this option. The information we collect depends on what information you have made available on those apps and devices and your privacy settings for sharing such information on those app and devices.
Personal Data collected via technology. This is information we obtain automatically from your connection or interaction with our Application using:
- Data collected by our servers. To make our Application more useful to you, our servers (which may be hosted by a third party service provider) collect information from you, including your browser type, operating system, Internet Protocol ("IP") address (a number that is automatically assigned to your computer when you use the Internet, which may vary from session to session), domain name, and/or a date/time stamp for your visit.
- Log files. As is true of most websites and web applications, we gather certain information automatically and store it in log files. This information includes IP addresses, browser type, Internet service provider ("ISP"), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp.
How we use your Personal Data
The Application keeps the collected Personal Data in the internal memory of your mobile device and on Tessera's online servers.
The purpose of gathering your Personal Data is to:
- allow you to set up an account that can be used to access the forDiabetes Platform
- offer you a personalized service
- analyze the gathered Personal Data to help you stay on track with your goals
- share your data with your caregivers, only if you consent with it
- improve forDiabetes Platform under business, scientific or research purposes
We use the Personal Data we collect from you via technology (see: Personal Data collected via technology) to help us understand and analyze users of the forDiabetes Platform, including generating aggregate statistics about the Application use. This information can then be used to tailor the Application’s content and deliver a better experience for our users. We may also collect, aggregate and maintain anonymous information about the visitors to our Application. We may further share such aggregate, non-identifiable information with business partners, sponsors and other third parties.
We guarantee that only those employees who need access to your Personal Data to fulfill their employment duties have access to it.
How we share your Personal Data
We may disclose Personal Data if we believe in good faith that such disclosure is necessary:
- in connection with any legal investigation
- to comply with relevant laws or to respond to subpoenas or warrants served on Tessera
- to protect or defend the rights or property of Tessera or users of the Application
Tessera will not sell or rent your Personal Data to third parties.
How we keep your Personal Data secure
We implement appropriate technical and organizational safeguards to protect against unauthorized or unlawful processing of your Personal Data and against accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, unauthorized disclosure of, or access to Personal Data.
We have put in place a variety of information security measures, including a web application firewall and encryption technology, such as Secure Sockets Layer (SSL), to protect your Personal Data at rest and during transport.
Please be advised, however, that we cannot fully eliminate security risks associated with the storage and transmission of your Personal Data. Therefore, we urge you to also take every precaution to protect your Personal Data when you are on the Internet or using the Application.
We do not knowingly collect Personal Data from children under 13 years old (note that the minimum age may vary based on country/region, and on local law). If you become aware that a child has provided us with Personal Data without parental consent, please contact us at information listed under the Contact Information section below, we will take steps to remove the Personal Data and cancel the child's account.
You have the right to refuse and reject such amendment, which means the termination of your account for forDiabetes Platform.
Contact informationIf you have any questions, comments, or concerns about how we handle your Personal Data, you may contact us at:
Tessera Multimedia S.A.
Dardanellion 11, 57010 Pefka Thessaloniki Greece
Email: [email protected]